Ash Vasanthan, DDS, MS. (Dr. Ash)
Meet Dr. Vasanthan
Board Certified Periodontist and Board Certified Dental Implantologist
Hi, I am Dr. Ash Vasanthan, DDS, MS.. I am a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and the American Board of Oral Implantology. I am also an associate fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. I served as a full time faculty member at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry, teaching periodontics and serving as the director of the implantology course for five years. I continue to serve as a visiting assistant professor at UMKC in the Department of Periodontics. I have placed over a thousand dental implants through my career and also taught dentists on how to place dental implants. I typically place dental implants and do gum grafts and bone grafts almost everyday for the past five years.
I have received recognition in the form of awards such as “Educator Award” from the American Academy of Periodontology in 2011, “Outstanding Teacher” from UMKC School of Dentistry in 2009, the David Moore Faculty Award from UMKC School of Dentistry 2008 and the Billy Pennel Research Award in 2004. I enjoy practicing periodontics and providing surgical dental implant treatment for patients from Rocklin,CA Lincoln, Granite Bay and Roseville, CA.
My wife is also a dentist and practices in the Roseville area; we have 2 children, a boy and a girl. When I’m not involved in active patient care, I am a busy dad taking care of the family.
I have been invited to speak to my peers by American Academy of Periodontology and continue to speak regularly at national and international meetings. I currently serve on the editoral board of Sacramento District Dental Society which provides publication for dental professional around the greater Sacramento region
Please click the link/s below for a list of publications and articles that I’ve written and published.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- California Society of Periodontology
- California Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- OKU – National Dental Honor Society
- Cone Beam CT Scan Editorial April 2015
- Dental Consultants Editorial June/July 2014
- Technology Editorial August/September 2013
- A Flash Back Editorial February 2013
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery Reprint February 2013
- Private Practitioner Driven Research Editorial April 2012
- Practice Based Research Networks April 2012
- Lasers For Periodontal Theraphy June/July 2011
- A Chat With Laser Physicist June/July 2011
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implants August/September 2010
- Suture Strengths April 2009