Meet Dr. Ash Vasanthan
Your Periodontal Specialist in Roseville
Board Certified in Periodontics and Dental Implants
Board Certified Periodontist.
Hi, I am Ash Vasanthan, DDS, MS. Thank you for taking the time to read about me and getting to know about my practice philosophy prior to your visit. One of the cornerstones of my practice is to provide exceptional periodontal care to every patient I have the opportunity to see and treat. With that pursuit in mind, I have become a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, all of which are significant professional accomplishments. I previously served as a full time faculty member at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry, teaching periodontics and serving as the director of the implantology course for five years. I extremely honored to continue to serve as a visiting assistant professor at UMKC in the Department of Periodontics. Giving back by teaching fellow dentists and professional colleagues some of the surgical skills I have acquired and learnt including placing dental implants is a highlight of my professional career.
I have been recognized in the form of awards such as “Educator Award” from the American Academy of Periodontology in 2011, “Outstanding Teacher” from UMKC School of Dentistry in 2009, the David Moore Faculty Award from UMKC School of Dentistry 2008 and the Billy Pennel Research Award in 2004. I enjoy practicing periodontics and providing surgical dental implant treatment for patients from and around Roseville, CA.
I have been invited to speak to my peers by American Academy of Periodontology and continue to speak regularly at National and International meetings by invitation. I currently serve on the Executive Committee of the Sacramento District Dental Society.
When patients first meet me, they usually ask about how long I’ve been practicing and how may procedures I’ve done. I have been practicing Periodontics for over 18 years. A typical day for me at the office consists of multiple surgeries which include, gum grafts, bone grafts, placement of dental implants and other surgeries. I am blessed to have such an amazing team who assist me in every aspect of our patient’s care. When I’m not caring for patients, you’ll find me spending time with my wife, who is also a dentist in the Roseville area, and our two children. We enjoy the outdoors and love to travel. One of the most exciting experiences in life for me is traveling the world with my family creating memories.
Thank you for taking the time to read about me and I look forward to meeting you.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- California Society of Periodontology
- California Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentisty
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- OKU – National Dental Honor Society
- Bone sets the tone – SDDS Nugget Editorial: August/September 2017
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery (MIDIS)- SDDS Nugget: October 2016
- Tissue is the issue – SDDS Nugget Editorial: October 2016
- Cone Beam CT Scan – SDDS Nugget: April 2015
- Dental Consultants – SDDS Nugget Editorial: June/July 2014
- Focus on Technology in Dentistry – SDDS Nugget Editorial: August/September 2013
- A Flash Back on Implants – SDDS Nugget: February 2013
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery: February 2013
- Private Practitioner Driven Research – SDDS Nugget: April 2012
- Lasers For Periodontal Therapy – SDDS Nugget: June/July 2011
- A Chat With Laser Physicist – SDDS Nugget: June/July 2011
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implants SDDS Nugget: August/September 2010
- Suture Strengths – Journal of Periodontology April 2009