Meet Dr. Ash Vasanthan
Your Periodontal Specialist in Roseville
Board Certified Periodontist and Board Certified Dental Implantologist
Hi, I am Ash Vasanthan, DDS, MS. a Diplomate of the American Academy of Periodontology and the American Board of Oral Implantology. I’m Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. All of these are significant professional accomplishments. I previously served as a full time faculty member at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry, teaching periodontics and serving as the director of the implantology course for five years. I continue to serve as a visiting assistant professor at UMKC in the Department of Periodontics. I have placed over a couple thousand dental implants through my career and also taught dentists on how to place dental implants. I typically place dental implants and do gum grafts and bone grafts almost everyday for the past 10 years.
I have been recognized in the form of awards such as “Educator Award” from the American Academy of Periodontology in 2011, “Outstanding Teacher” from UMKC School of Dentistry in 2009, the David Moore Faculty Award from UMKC School of Dentistry 2008 and the Billy Pennel Research Award in 2004. I enjoy practicing periodontics and providing surgical dental implant treatment for patients from Rocklin,CA Lincoln, Granite Bay and Roseville, CA.
My wife is also a dentist and practices in the Roseville area; we have 2 children, a boy and a girl. When I’m not involved in active patient care, I am a busy dad and an active family man.
I have been invited to speak to my peers by American Academy of Periodontology and continue to speak regularly at National and International meetings by invitation. I currently serve on the Editorial Board of the Sacramento District Dental Society which serves the dental professionals around the greater Sacramento region.
Affiliations and Memberships:
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- California Society of Periodontology
- California Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Implant Dentisty
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- OKU – National Dental Honor Society
- Bone sets the tone – SDDS Nugget Editorial: August/September 2017
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery (MIDIS)- SDDS Nugget: October 2016
- Tissue is the issue – SDDS Nugget Editorial: October 2016
- Cone Beam CT Scan – SDDS Nugget: April 2015
- Dental Consultants – SDDS Nugget Editorial: June/July 2014
- Focus on Technology in Dentistry – SDDS Nugget Editorial: August/September 2013
- A Flash Back on Implants – SDDS Nugget: February 2013
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implant Surgery: February 2013
- Private Practitioner Driven Research – SDDS Nugget: April 2012
- Lasers For Periodontal Therapy – SDDS Nugget: June/July 2011
- A Chat With Laser Physicist – SDDS Nugget: June/July 2011
- Minimally Invasive Dental Implants SDDS Nugget: August/September 2010
- Suture Strengths – Journal of Periodontology April 2009